No other macro-nutrient is more essential to muscle growth and recovery than protein. Research shows that 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per kilogram body weight is needed to promote optimal nitrogen retention and pack on hard, lean muscle. This amount is often difficult to meet through a balanced diet which is why individuals often turn to whey supplementation to support their protein requirements. However, all whey proteins are not created equal. Some will only use fast digesting protein sources, such as whey isolate, while others slow, such as casein. While there is nothing wrong with this it may not rapidly ignite or prolong protein synthesis; cheating you of achieving an optimal anabolic environment. Furthermore, research shows that a blend of whey proteins is superior for building muscle compared to when just one source is found in a protein powder.
This is why Kodiak developed 3Whey™. 3Whey™ contains a whopping 26 grams of total protein from three different forms of whey that digest at different rates to ignite muscle protein synthesis and keep it going for hours. If that wasn’t enough you know exactly how much of each protein you are getting with each serving. Very few of our competitors give you that level of transparency. Take a look at 3Whey’s™ label and you will find:
3 grams Hydrolyzed Whey Peptides – This form of whey is predigested, which results in faster absorption and release of amino acids into the blood stream. This rapidly sparks muscle protein synthesis when consumed after exercise. Absorption begins about 15 minutes after ingestion and is studied to continue for over an hour.
12.5 grams Whey Isolate – WPI is the isolated protein fraction from whey protein concentrate that is 90% pure protein—making it the purest protein source currently available. Absorption begins about 1 hour after ingestion and is studied to continue for up to 1.5 hours
10.5 grams Whey Concentrate – Concentrate contains 80 percent pure protein in addition to a small amount of fat, minerals, and lactose. Because it’s more complete, whey protein concentrate usually has more bioactive components and that add to concentrate’s benefit. Absorption begins about 1 hour after ingestion and is studied to continue for up to 3 hours.
Fibersol – Added for digestive benefits, Fibersol is a digestion-resistant soluble corn fiber that acts as a low-calorie bulking agent which contains 90 percent dietary fiber.
(*To view complete supplement facts click on the ingredient profile tab)
Without a doubt Kodiak 3Whey™ is the GOLD STANDARD when it comes to protein powders. Utilizing 3 forms of the most bioavailable wheys in the world, Kodiak 3Whey™ will increase lean muscle mass and help damaged muscles recover faster. You put a lot into your training, and to get the most out of it, you need a quality protein. Make sure that your protein is working as hard as you are. Kodiak 3Whey™ will not only bolster the effects of your training regimen, but it will allow you to go harder week-in and week-out!
Whey Protein Isolate:
Whey protein isolates digest and absorb rapidly and are, gram for gram, the most refined and purest form of protein (90-98% pure protein).
- It is also a potent stimulator of muscle protein synthesis due to its ability to causes a rapid increase in amino acids found in the blood stream.
- This form of whey contains little to no lactose so it may be beneficial for individuals who experience GI problems. Also due to the refinement process whey isolate contains little fat, carbs, and milk sugars.
- A 2006 study conducted by Cribb et al. found recreational bodybuilders who supplemented with whey protein isolate in conjunction with a 10 week resistance training program achieved greater gains in lean mass, strength, and decreases in body fat compared to a placebo group.
Whey Protein Concentrate:
Whey protein concentrate is the most common form of whey, a byproduct formed when acid is added to milk.
- Whey protein concentrate is the closest to whole food compared to other forms of protein and is 75-85% pure protein after filtration.
- A growing body of evidence suggests that dairy protein, and whey in particular may: 1) stimulate the greatest rise in muscle protein synthesis, 2) result in greater muscle cross-sectional area when combined with chronic resistance training, and 3) at least in younger individuals, enhance exercise recovery.
Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Peptides:
Whey protein peptides are pre-digested proteins (broken down into amino acids).
- This breakdown leads to faster absorption by the body thus rapidly rebuilding and repairing muscles after a workout.
Fibersol-2 is a digestion-resistant maltodextrin soluble corn fiber that acts as a low-calorie bulking agent containing 90 percent dietary fiber.
- This patented form of fiber does not effect taste or viscosity and is completely digestion resistant.
- Fibersol-2 will also help aid in the digestion of the protein.
Protease and lactase help aid in food digestion and absorption.
- These ingredients (enzymes) may help those individuals who experience nausea, cramping, or bloating when consuming protein.